Laser Cutting Sheet Metal Panels
Laser cutting is a process that uses a high-powered laser beam to cut through materials. It is a very precise and versatile process that can be used to cut a variety of materials, including sheet metal.
Laser cutting sheet metal
Laser cutting sheet metal panels is a popular choice for a variety of applications. It is often used to create complex shapes and designs that would be difficult or impossible to cut using traditional methods. Laser cutting can also be used to cut very thin sheet metal, which is not possible with other methods. As there are no tools involved laser cutting is very cost effective for small batch volumes and prototyping.
The process of laser cutting sheet metal panels is relatively simple. The first step is to create a CAD file of the desired design. This file is then sent to the laser cutting machine, which uses the laser beam to cut through the sheet metal according to the design.
The laser beam is focused on the sheet metal and vaporizes the material as it passes through. The molten material is then blown away by a jet of gas. This gas may be compressed air, nitrogen or oxygen. The choice of gas will depend on the material and thickness of the panel required. The laser beam can be moved very quickly, which allows for very precise cuts.
The advantages of laser cutting sheet metal panels include:
• Precision: Laser cutting is a very precise process that can create very accurate cuts.
• Versatility: Laser cutting can be used to cut a variety of sheet metal materials, including ferrous, non-ferrous and yellow metals.
• Speed: Laser cutting is a fast process that can produce a large number of parts in a short amount of time.
• Cleanliness: Laser cutting is a clean process that does not produce any waste and very little fumes.
Laser cutting stainless steel
Overall, laser cutting is a versatile and precise process that can be used to cut a variety of materials, including sheet metal. It is a popular choice for a variety of applications, including manufacturing, prototyping, and art.
Here are some applications of laser cutting sheet metal panels:
• Manufacturing: Laser cutting is used to manufacture a wide variety of products, including automotive parts, medical devices, and electronic components.
• Prototyping: Laser cutting is a popular choice for prototyping new products. It allows for rapid and accurate production of prototypes, which can help to shorten the product development cycle.
• Art: Laser cutting is used to create a variety of decorative and functional artworks, such as sculptures, jewellery, and furniture.
For more examples of laser cutting sheet metal panels take a look at our Pinterest Board.
If you are looking for a precise and versatile method for cutting thin sheet metal, laser cutting is a good option to consider. Ask us today and we will be happy to provide a quote for laser cutting sheet metal panels, brackets, housings etc.